2. The 7 misconceptions about agriculture, as described in the PlantLab TEDx video
The 7 obstructing misconceptions about agriculture from the TEDx video are:
- We can continue to feed the world’s growing population using existing agricultural practices.
- We must make plants adapt to nature.
- What plants consider paradise is the same as what humans consider paradise.
- Crop production must be done horizontally, and it requires pesticides and significant amounts of water.
- Food must be grown where nature is kind to it and then transported to consumers around the globe.
- Food must be grown on a large-scale.
- It will take years before the technology that PlantLab describes will become a reality.